A prolific writer, author and columnist, Pastor Bimbo Odukoya had regular columns in various international and national newspapers and magazines such as City People, This Day newspaper, Leadership and Lifestyle Magazine (U.K) amongst many others. She was also the author of the book How To Choose A Life Partner, 165 Questions To Ask.
As a sign of her acceptance, Pastor Bimbo Odukoya was one of the three people chosen by Samsung (official sponsors of the2004 Olympic games) to represent Nigeria in carrying the Olympic Torch in Athens, Greece at the 2004 Olympic games.
Pastor Bim as she was fondly called, was regarded by many as a pastor, mother, confidant, encourager, role model and mentor. Her appearances in public places like airports, hotels, restaurants, shops etc, were always greeted with commendations and requests for counseling by people who have come in contact with her ministry.
Pastor Bimbo received more than sixty awards from both Christian and secular organisations during her lifetime as a woman of high moral standards and a role model to many people.
Pastor (Mrs) Bimbo Odukoya was a
- Life Fellow and Grand Patron of the Chartered Institute of Corporate Management,
- Fellow of the Certified Directors Institute
- Fellow of the Institute of Corporate Managers & Public Administrators of Nigeria.
- Fellow of the Strategic Finance and Administrative Institute.
She also held
- An honorary Doctorate degree in Philanthropic Management from the United Christian University, Denton, North Carolina, USA;
- A Doctor of Philosophy degree in Public Administration from the Evangel Christian University Monroe, Louisiana, USA (Africa Campus)
- An honorary Professional Doctorate Fellowship Award from The Chartered Institute of Corporate Management.
- An honorary appointment on the Professional Women’s Advisory Board of the American Biographical Institute.
The many international and national awards received by Pastor Bimbo Odukoya during her lifetime include and are not limited to:
- Christian Missionary Fund Award in recognition of her service in the ministry.
- TREM (The Redeemed Evangelical Mission) Award 1998 in recognition of her faithfulness, and commitment, dedication and continuation in the ministry.
- The Nigerian Woman Of the Year Award in the category of Role Model and Inspiration.
- The Outstanding Young Persons Of Nigeria Award 2000 presented by the Junior Chambers International, in recognition of her exemplary Moral and Environmental Leadership.
- Merit Award presented to Pastor Bimbo Odukoya (Single & Married) by NTA 2 Channel 5 as the Best Independent producer in the year 2001.
- The Female Achiever Award in the Religion sector 2001 presented by The City People Group.
- Distinguished Alumni Award 2001 presented by The Department of Archaeology and Anthropology, University of Ibadan for her outstanding achievement in religion.
- The University of Ibadan Christian Students Award 2002 presented in appreciation of her enormous impact on their lives.
- Leadership Award 2002 presented by the Archaeology and Anthropology Students Association of the University of Ibadan in recognition of her distinguished leadership role in Nigeria.
- ‘Deborah’ Leadership Award, 2002 presented by the Singles Fellowship of The Fountain of Life Church in recognition of her motherly love, mentorship and encouragement to singles all over the world.
- The Emotan Award 2002 presented by African Independent Television (AIT) in celebration of feminine virtues.
- Good Ambassador Of Family Award 2003 presented by Family Life Organisation in recognition of Single and Married programme, which is helping to restore family values.
- Paragon of Sexual Purity Award 2003 presented by Paragons of Virtue International.
- Association Of Missionary Evangelists Of Nations Award 2004 for her outstanding achievements in Ministry
- FMFI South African Award 2004 for youth empowerment
- The Most Visible Home Builder Award 2004 presented in due recognition of her outstanding effort and contribution to the development of marital counseling by the Department Of Guidance and Counseling, University Of Ibadan.
- Fellow of the Command Award 2004 (FCFN.Hons) by Chaplain Fellowship of Nigeria incorporated in recognition of her outstanding contribution to humanity and in expectation of her continued benevolence.
- Society Role Model and Achievers Gold Award 2004 presented by African Women Development Centrefor her outstanding accomplishments, achievement, performance, good governance and community development
- Excellent Leadership Award 2004 presented by The Chartered Institute Of Corporate Management in recognition of her managerial capability leadership style, quality and contributions to socio-economical development and growth in the country.
- Patriotic Achiever’s Award 2004 by Franolly Incorporated in recognition of her consistent loyalty and patriotism to our great country Nigeria.
- FAME Pastoral Honour 2004 presented in recognition of her contributions to evangelism.
- Dayspring Excellence/Vision Award 2005 as a distinguished motivator and role model presented by Dayspring Ministries.
- Ogun State Female Achievers “Pillar of Hope 2004” Award presented by Fame weekly magazine.
- Gold Award 2004 by the council of Fellows Institute of Business Administration and Management Science in recognition of her highly and excellently effective professional managerial capabilities and executive charisma in the administration and management of corporate resources.
- Women Achievers Award 2005 presented by the Christian Association of Nigeria (Lagos State Chapter).
- Award of Excellent Corporate Directorship 2005 presented by the Certified Directors Institute in recognition of her outstanding performance in management and administration.
- Expert in Youth Development Award 2005 presented by the International Biographical College (a subsidiary of Levites Christian University).
- Honorary Diplomat of AGGSODEV in Africa 2005 presented by the Agency for Good Governance & Social Development.
- African Virtuous and Entrepreneurial Women Merit Award 2005 presented by African Biographical Network in recognition of her achievements and contribution to nation building, leadership development and selfless service to humanity in Africa and the world.
- Brigadier General Award 2005 presented by The Chaplains Fellowship of Nigeria Inc.
Post humours awards received by Pastor Bimbo Odukoya include:
- Fame Achievers Post Humours Award presented by Fame weekly magazine for the sustenance of marriage in the Nigerian society.
- Post Humours Award presented by Colostrum International, NGO on a breastfeeding project, in recognition of the passion that shaped her vision to model the universal family as a unit of nations.
- Woman of the year 2005 Post Humours Award presented by the Christian organisation for Renewal and Development in recognition of her foremost youth renewal counseling and as a role model for excellence in public life in Nigeria.
- Post Humours Award for Excellence presented by Treasure Vault Integrated Services Nigeria Ltd in recognition and appreciation of her commitment to the inculcation of godly virtues in youths and the social development of the family institution through the Single & Married programme.
- Purple Lifetime Heroine Award presented by the Purple Ball Award.